Frank Lawing - Admissions Representative - Nashville
Oct 20, 2014
• Frank Lawing – Difference Maker at the Nashville Campus
• Admissions Representative
• National College staff member since 2013
• Retired from the U.S. Army as a Lieutenant Colonel after 25 years of active duty service
• Previously served as professor of management and leadership, as well as military science (Army ROTC) at Auburn University
• Holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and political science from Auburn University, a Master of Arts degree in management from Webster University, and a Master of Military Art and Science degree from the Command and General Staff College
“I admire that National College students don’t give up no matter the circumstances. I personally know how hard it is to work, raise a family, and go to school – I’ve done it too! I tell students every day that they are taking a giant leap of faith that in reality is an investment of time and money in their most valuable asset, themselves. I also stress that an education will change not only their lives and future, but also their family’s lives and future.
“Education is something I have stressed throughout my career at every level. I urge everyone to continue their education and seek any and all opportunities to do so. I often advise students that an education could open doors they didn’t know existed. I truly feel that you should never stop learning and investing in yourself.
“The best thing about being a National College staff member is watching education change students’ lives. Being positive is perhaps the greatest asset you can have as an admissions representative. I try to show our students that a positive, “can do” attitude can be a key to their own success.”
Frank Lawing retired from the U.S. Army as a Lieutenant Colonel after 25 years of active duty service. He has been employed by the Nashville Campus as an admissions representative since last year.