Joshua Keslar - Director of Health Care Education - Columbus
Nov 17, 2014
· Joshua Keslar – Difference Maker at the Columbus Campus
· Director of health care education
· Instructor of various medical and general education courses, including Intro to Pharmacology, Advanced Pharmacy Calculations, Anatomy & Physiology, Calculations & Administering Medicine, and Medical Terminology
· American National University faculty member since January
· Has acquired more than 12 years of experience as a pharmacist
· Graduated from Ohio Northern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy
· Gained experience in a retail pharmacy setting
“I’ve always had a desire to help people, whether through teaching or in the medical field. I debated heavily between the two [professions] and ultimately chose pharmacy as my means of helping others. I truly enjoyed helping my patients and educating them about their medications, but I’ve always wanted to be a teacher, ever since I was in high school. After spending 12 years as a pharmacist, I realized that I wanted to utilize my medical background to teach in the medical field.
“I love the diversity of the student body. We have students from all walks of life and all ages. I also truly admire our students’ desire to learn.
“I have had a couple of students exhibit big transformations. When I met them, they were very shy and unsure of themselves. By the end of their time at American National University, they were quite confident in their abilities as medical assistants. I always tell my students that I have 100% faith in them, and they should have 200% faith in themselves.”
Director of health care education Joshua Keslar is a Difference Maker at the Columbus Campus. He brings more than 12 years of experience as a pharmacist to the classroom.