Sheri Jessee - Director of Health Care Education - Bristol
Sep 15, 2014
Sheri Jessee – Difference Maker at the Bristol Campus
Director of Health Care Education
• National College faculty member since 2004
• Recipient of Tennessee Association of Independent Colleges and Schools (TAICS) Outstanding Instructor of the Year award in 2006 and 2012; recipient of National College’s Distinguished Teaching Award in 2010
• Holds an associate degree and is a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
• Member of American Medical Technologists (AMT) and American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
• Has accumulated more than 20 years of experience in the medical field, including positions in home health and nursing homes and as an agency nurse, clinical office nurse, and float nurse
“It is a rewarding feeling to see students reach their goals, no matter how big or small—from making it day-to-day, attending and overcoming daily obstacles to completing their degrees and on to graduation.
“A positive outlook on everything each day can show students they are not alone and can do anything they set their minds to do.
“I try to bring real life scenarios to my classes. My programs fortunately incorporate clinical hands-on experience along with an externship to make sure the students are exposed to real life situations.
“I get to visit many area employers as DHCE [the director of health care education], and it always warms my heart to see my graduates working and excelling in their chosen career field. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to touch each student’s life.”
Sheri Jessee has more than 20 years of experience in the medical field. She is a Difference Maker at the Bristol Campus and is the director of health care education there.