Master of Business Administration (MBA) Online
Leadership Skills to Last a Lifetime
National College offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program for students interested in continuing their postgraduate education in the field of business. Through the program, business professionals increase their breadth of knowledge, their ability to analyze business alternatives more thoroughly, and their opportunities for more challenging, responsible, and productive careers in the business community.
As part of National College’s MBA program you will join a small number of committed students and an experienced faculty team who bring their professional and personal experiences to the program. Our MBA program will challenge you to put learning into practice through projects with companies and other local organizations throughout the Roanoke Valley, Virginia area and will strengthen your ability to lead and succeed.
Graduate students enrolling at National College can expect a welcoming environment where quality teaching, personal attention and collegiality are strongly valued, small discussion-based classes are the norm, and where there is a strong institutional commitment to educating the next generation of successful business professionals.
Applicants to the MBA program should have earned a Bachelor’s degree in business or in a nonbusiness field.
As a student in the MBA program, you will:
- Gain a clear in-depth understanding of business principles, management strategies, and organizational structures.
- Gain an increased understanding of behavioral, financial, and operational forces in businesses.
- Learn how to apply a theoretical understanding of business principles to real-world scenarios.
- Be prepared to analyze complex business situations, take strategic action, and effectively lead teams.
- Refine your team management skills, problem solving techniques, and oral and written presentation skills.
- Enhance your credentials for the job market..
Your Learning Experience
The MBA program consists of nine core courses and five elective courses for a total of 56 credit hours of coursework. Classes are offered during the spring, summer, fall, and winter terms at National College’s Roanoke Valley, Virginia campus.
Develop an understanding of financial theory and its application through case analysis. Topics include capital management, operating and financial leverage, costs of capital, investment, and financing decisions.
Learn how to analyze all marketing issues from the perspective of the marketing manager. Students explore how consumer behavior, market research, environmental trend analysis, new product development, pricing and distribution decisions, and promotional considerations must interact to create a successful marketing program.
This course endeavors to help students develop an understanding of the strategic role of operations and to develop an appreciation for operations activities and how to improve them.
Program core courses may include:
- Financial Management
- Dynamics of Organizational Behavior
- Legal Environment of Business
- Marketing Management
- Business Research
- Business Information Systems
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Management
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Management Control
- Financial Reporting
- Business Tax Strategies
- Business and Society
- Management Communications
- International Management
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
“I thought my background in engineering coupled with a degree in business, would make me more marketable.”