Network Administration Online Bachelor’s Degree
Hone Your Network Administration Skills. Enhance Your Career Prospects
Many businesses rely on network administrators to ensure security of information, maintain computer networks and help troubleshoot problems that arise with computer systems. In this critical role you have direct impact on every department and every employee because the network infrastructure touches all aspects of the business. The network administration bachelor's degree program at National College can help you prepare to take on these challenges and compete for mid-level positions such as network engineers, network administrator managers or network analysts in the enterprise.
Through course work study, real-world learning scenarios and valuable exposure to industry-standard tools, you'll learn to design and administer networks focused on Microsoft® Windows Server 2012. The curriculum includes planning, designing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft® environments ranging from small, local networks to wide area integrated networks. Specific topics include virtualization and cloud computing technologies, unified communications and collaboration services, Linux and web server administration, and security and wireless networks architectures. Because our courses are modeled on professional certification standards, you can gain the educational background to help you prepare for Microsoft®, Cisco®, CompTIA certification examinations while earning your degree.
Whether you want to work at a large or small business, government or non-profit entity, complete the information request form or call 888-980-9156 today to learn more about how a network administration degree might benefit you.
Your Learning Experience
The network administration bachelor's degree program is intended for students seeking to gain training in the major areas of network operations and administration, which may include user support and troubleshooting, infrastructure configuration and maintenance, and network operations management.
The program combines technical skills and knowledge with a focus on professional skills in areas including leadership and communications. In this curriculum you will learn how to:
- Apply best practices in network operations and administration.
- Configure network components for operations.
- Program for database connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and remedy network problems.
- Design and implement a WAN and LAN.
- Describe, implement and troubleshoot network-based communications and collaboration services.
Students may also enter into the progressive education path at different points; meaning a student may have earned a an associate's degree at another institution and may transfer to ANU to continue in a growing number of fields at the bachelor's and graduate levels - in high-demand areas such as network administration, cybersecurity and information technology.
- Financial Management
- Dynamics of Organizational Behavior
- Legal Environment of Business
- Marketing Management
- Business Research
- Business Information Systems
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Management
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Management Control
- Financial Reporting
- Business Tax Strategies
- Business and Society
- Management Communications
- International Management
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
“National College has helped me so much with my new job.”
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.