Medical Office Professional Diploma
Keeping a Healthy Pulse on the Front Office
National College's Medical Office Professional program will provide you the skills necessary to manage the day-to-day operations of a medical office environment. Common responsibilities include greeting and scheduling patients, filing insurance claims, ordering supplies, managing office correspondence, and performing general accounting and bookkeeping duties.
Through a blended curriculum of classroom instruction and hands-on training you can receive a practical education designed to prepare you to work as a medical office professional.
As a student in the Medical Office Professional program, you will learn:
- The basic skills needed to handle administrative duties in a medical office.
- Computer and keyboarding skills for data entry of patient information and records maintenance.
- How to perform general office fundamentals such as accounts payable and bookkeeping.
- The legal aspects of health care, including HIPPA.
Your Learning Experience
Medical Office Procedures
Gain the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of an administrative medical office professional. Learn standard practices on maintaining licenses, liability, and accreditation(s).
Health Care Law and Ethics
Learn about legal issues that are important to health care professionals including the foundations of law and ethics as well as professional, social, and interpersonal health care issues.
Medical Office Finances
Learn preparation of various medical forms and reports, and medical office financial processes such as recording payments, reconciling bank statements, and performing general bookkeeping procedures.
Program core courses may include:
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Office Finances
- Keyboarding I & II
- The Microsoft Office
- Health Care Law and Ethics
- Terminology of Body Systems
- Terminology of Body Support
Why Medical Office Professional Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their administrative office skills and medical office experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“My degree has given me one of the greatest jobs, with one of the greatest hospitals worldwide, and I'm just thankful.”
Select your campus from the list below to view costs and disclosures for this program.