Office Technology Professional Associate’s Degree
Professional Skills You Need to Get the Job Done
Through a blended curriculum of classroom lecture and computer lab exercises, you will gain the training to build essential office skills with a strong foundation in Microsoft technologies.
The coursework in this program can prepare you to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. Earning the designation of a certified Microsoft Office Specialist can help you stand out in today’s competitive job market and broaden your employment opportunities by displaying advanced skills.
As a student in the Office Technology Professional program, you will:
- Gain first-hand experience in using current Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Understand basic general accounting principles and practices.
- Learn to develop attractive and useful web pages.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of business, management strategies, and organizational structures.
- Understand the components of operating systems and how to use general commands.
- Perform basic mathematical concepts and formulas and understand how they relate to real-world business situations.
Your Learning Experience
Introduction to Business
Learn about the basic foundation of business to include business terms, business concepts, organization structures, and the functions of business.
Principles of Accounting I & II
Learn the fundamental business practices with an emphasis on general accounting principles.
Introduction to Web Page Design
Program core courses may include:
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Computerized Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- The Microsoft Office
- Operating Systems
- Desktop Applications
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Keyboarding I
- Business Management I
- Introduction to Web Page Design
Why Office Technology Professional Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their professional office and technology skills and experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experience.
- Job placement assistance – putting students in touch with local employers in their field of study.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Meet Elizabeth Weber, in her third term of the medical assisting associate’s degree program.