Software Development & Engineering Associate's Degree
Engineering Your Future
National College's Associate's degree in Software Development and Engineering is designed to help you gain the skills necessary to design, create, and deploy software solutions for complex problems. Professionals with skills in software developing and engineering, relational databases, and programming languages are helping government and industry develop high-performance, high-availability, and secure solutions for many of today's most challenging problems.
Your program will offer coursework covering programming logic fundamentals and will provide hands-on experience in widely used programming languages to develop basic skills for web, mobile applications, and computer programming. In addition to the principle course of study, you may participate in an externship placement in a supervised business environment to gain career-related experience to strengthen your resume.
The software development and engineering program not only serves as a strong foundation for pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related field such as network administration or information technology but is also designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for employment as a computer programmer, software developer, and other related disciplines.
Whether you want to work at a large or small business, government or non-profit entity, complete the information request form or call 888-980-9156 today to learn more about how a software development and engineering degree might benefit you.
Your Learning Experience
The Software Development and Engineering Associate's Degree program provides a balance between theory and practice, with a greater emphasis on hands-on learning.
- Learn the use of Structured Query (SQL) Language SQL to access and manipulate data in relational database management systems.
- Gain hands-on experience with both Microsoft and Oracle implementations of SQL and how they operate within the enterprise and on the desktop.
- Learn the fundamentals of programming languages such as Java, their importance, uses, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Gain skills in developing applications for Android mobile devices on a Windows or MAC computer.
Students at National College may also enter into the progressive education path at different points; meaning a student may have earned credits at another institution and may transfer to National College to continue their training in a growing number of fields at the associate's, bachelor's and graduate levels - in high-demand areas such as software development, cybersecurity, network administration, and information technology.
Why National College?
- Convenience and flexibility – With on campus day and evening classes you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You're not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Earn credit for select technology certifications – And waive related coursework toward your network administration degree.
- Relevant curriculum – Your program focus is on technology, critical thinking and communication skills; skills that are key to the success of a network administration professional.
- Career Services and alumni benefits – Our support doesn't end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher¹ courses available throughout your career.
¹Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
“National College has helped me so much with my new job.”