Supervisory Management Specialist Diploma
The Art of Leadership
National College’s Supervisory Management Specialist program is designed to prepare experienced workers for entry into first-line management or supervisory positions in a variety of businesses and industries. This program provides learning experiences which introduce, develop, and reinforce academic and occupational knowledge and skills.
Program graduates are experienced workers prepared to perform management and supervisory functions – such as employee recruiting, labor relations, employee performance monitoring and evaluation, and employing motivation and problem solving techniques.
As a student in the Supervisory Management Specialist program, you will:
- Cultivate skills in interpersonal dynamics within the workplace.
- Understand the principles and methods of sound decision-making and performance evaluation.
- Learn the basics of interviewing techniques and best practices for equal employment opportunities.
- Learn the fundamentals of management strategies and organizational structures.
- Gain hands-on training with Microsoft Office Suite programs and applications.
- Develop management and leadership skills.
Your Learning Experience
Principles of Management
A focus on decision-making, strategic planning, organizing, and job organizational design aspects that are essential to the field of management.
Organizational Management and Leadership
This course provides a detailed examination of various management concepts including leadership, communication, motivation, work groups, controlling, and organizational development.
Human Resource Management
This course examines the principles of employee selection, job design, performance appraisal, compensation, training and development, safety and health, and labor relations.
Program core courses may include:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Management
- Organization Management & Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- The Microsoft Office
- English Composition
- Oral Communications
- Business Math I
Why Supervisory Management Specialist Students Turn To National College:
- Convenience and flexibility – day and evening course schedules to fit your life.
- Small class size – allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
- Industry experienced instructors – bringing their industry experience to class.
- Peer tutoring – providing one-on-one help at no additional cost.
- Training in modern computer labs – simulating real work experiences.
- Career services – helping with career advice and resources needed for today's job search environment.
- Refresher courses are available to all our graduates – keeping skills in their field of study sharp and current at no additional tuition costs.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Meet Elizabeth Weber, in her third term of the medical assisting associate’s degree program.